Home: Free Resume Templates: Accounting Resume Template
Here's A Good Accounting Resume Template
According to research, employers prefer accounting resume templates in 'combination' form with a summary of your accounting skills and/or qualifications near the top of the CV or resume.
Here's a real life accountant resume template written in this style, only changed in places to preserve confidentiality.
This accountant leans towards Project and Systems Management and was applying for a similar role in XYZ Company in the UK, with a salary range of £42,000 to £57,500.
10, The Street
Zip or Postcode
Tel: +44 0101010 0101010 (work)
Accounting Resume Template
I am a fully qualified Chartered Accountant with 12 years varied experience. I have strong analytical and project management skills which I've put to use in many organizations with
excellent results. I'm now looking to take on more responsibility and believe that XYZ Company can offer me the challenge I'm seeking.
Being familiar with your organization through professional contacts,
I share your Company's ethos and ambitions and am confident that I can make a significant contribution towards your future success.
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Bespoke Accounting Systems Design
- Financial/Cost Modelling
- Corporate Tax and VAT Planning
- P & L Accounting
- Financial and business auditing
- Risk Management
RELEVANT TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
||Qualified Chartered Accountant -- 1999
Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting and Human Resource Management (2.1 Honours Degree) -- 1995
For my other qualifications please see Appendix 1, attached.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Project Manager (Finance) -- Oct 2001 to present|
My responsibilities include:
- Management of the Project Office on a day to day basis, including prioritising
work and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Promoting the Project Team as a proactive section both within the Finance Department and throughout the University, ensuring that there is an
awareness of the Projects Team's role and contribution.
- The development and management of the financial accounting system, ensuring that operational problems are monitored and resolved
in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that appropriate prioritisation is given to new information technology initiatives and overseeing the development and implementation of such initiatives.
- The development of Costing and Pricing techniques for use within the University and provision of costing and pricing advice to schools and cost centres.
- Ensuring that the University
has adequate insurance policies in place to cover posing risks and activity as well as overseeing the day to day handling of insurance claim issues.
- Providing advice to Directorate
and other University staff on Tax and VAT planning issues.
- Preparation of the financial model on an annual basis to facilitate the allocation of budgets to Academic Schools and Cost Centres.
Assistant Manager -- February 2001 to Oct 2001
My responsibilities included:
- Management of external audit assignments, ensuring work was prioritised so
deadlines could be achieved.
- Departmental planning, budgeting and billing.
- Motivating staff and encouraging teamwork on audit assignments and liasing regularly with staff, managers and Partners to ensure audit objectives on each assignment were fulfilled.
- Chairing audit closeout meetings attended by Finance Directors and Financial Controllers to discuss issues identified during audits.
Internal Auditor -- February 2000
to February 2001
My responsiblities included:
- Management of internal audit assignments, ensuring work was prioritised so deadlines could be achieved.
key risks in business areas under review and assessing the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate those risks.
- Preparation of final audit reports detailing recommendations
to minimise the key risks identified and discussing findings with the business areas.
For full employment history please see Appendix 2, attached.
ACHIEVEMENTS:||My achievements include:
- Facilitating the implementation of the Distinction Finance System in the University which has led to more accurate reporting and
- Developing improved Costing and Pricing techniques leading to average cost savings of 10% across University Departments.
- A Certificate from Dublin City
University in Personal Computing For Accountants in August 1998.
- Being awarded a Gaeltacht Scholarship by Gael Linn in June 1991, for my outstanding academic results.
Mr Tom Jones
The Zip or Postcode
Mrs Sally Jones
10 The High Street
The Zip or Postcode
We hope you found that accounting resume template useful.
If you would like to have a professional write your CV or resume, you are invited to use our Resume and Cover Letter Writing Service.
Alternatively we know of some good companies who can write a resume or CV for you.
And if you like the layout of the accounting resume template above there's a free resume template download here.
What About Other Resume Templates?
In addition to our accounting resume template, we have many others. You can find our other resume templates here.
Getting The Answers YOU Need
Everything you need
All in one place
help and advice
Quick and easy
"How To..." Guides
Top of Accounting Resume Template Page
Home | Site Map | Inside Secrets! | "How To.." Guides | Site Search | Resources