Like any job interview, it's good to know the kind of questions you'll be asked beforehand. On this page we give examples of the competency interview questions often asked to assess your Teamwork skills.
But if teamwork isn't needed in the job you're applying for, just go back to the list of competences and choose ones relevant to your job. We have many.
In your interview answers, interviewers look for past evidence that you:
Here are some example competency based interview questions covering Teamwork. In-between the main questions are examples of probing questions you might be asked if your interviewers want more information.
- What did the team have to do?
- What did you contribute, specifically?
- What went well?
- What went badly?
- What could you have done differently?
- Why was the performance bad?
- What did you do to raise performance?
- What was the result?
- What steps did you take to resolve the conflict?
- What was the outcome?
- How did you monitor progress?
- How did you ensure everyone contributed fairly?
- What are the benefits?
- What are the drawbacks?
As well as Teamwork, we have other example competency based interview questions which assess skills such as Independence, Sensitivity to Others and Delegation. Just go back to the list of competences and find ones relevant to the job you're applying for. We have many.
Plus there's advice on how to answer competence interview questions which you may find useful.