Home: My Services: Help With Doing A Resume
Do You Need Help With Doing A Resume?
If you need help with doing a resume, you've come to the right place.
I'm an recruiter and interviewer and I read CVs and resumes every day. I'm able to provide professional help with CV and resume writing so you land interviews.
On the page before this I introduced my services and promised you 'before' and 'after' resume examples so you could see for yourself the difference professional resume help can make to your CV or resume.
Here is the 'after' resume example, reproduced by kind permission of Jane, the owner. You can see Jane's resume 'before' my help here.
Help With Doing A Resume - The 'After' Example
CV -- Jane Doe
10, The Street
Zip or Postcode
Tel: 0101010 0101010 (work)
I am a fully qualified Chartered Accountant with 12 years varied experience. I have strong analytical and project management skills which I've put to use in many organisations with excellent results. I'm now looking to take on more responsibility and believe that XYZ Company can offer me the challenge I'm seeking.
Being familiar with your organisation through professional contacts, I share your Company's ethos and ambitions and am confident that I can make a significant contribution towards your future success.
Key Technical Skills:
- Bespoke Accounting Systems Design
- Financial/Cost Modelling
- Corporate Tax and VAT Planning
- P & L Accounting
- Financial and business auditing
- Risk Management
Relevant Technical Qualifications:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant -- 1999 and Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting and Human Resource Management (2.1 Honours Degree) -- 1995
For my other qualifications please see Appendix 1, attached.
Relevant Work Experience:
Project Manager (Finance) -- Oct 2001 to present
My responsibilities include:
- Management of the Project Office on a day to day basis. This includes prioritising project work and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Raising the Project Team's profile within the University by means of regular and ad-hoc updates. This ensures that there is an awareness of the Projects Team's role and contribution.
- Developing and managing the University Financial Accounting System, ensuring that operational problems are monitored and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that appropriate prioritisation is given to new information technology initiatives and overseeing the development and implementation of such initiatives.
- Creation of Costing and Pricing techniques for use within the University and provision of costing and pricing advice to schools and cost centres.
- Identifying the University's insurable risks and sourcing adequate insurance to cover such risks.
- Overseeing the day to day handling of insurance claims and related issues.
- Providing legal and technical advice to Directorate and other University staff on Tax and VAT planning.
- Preparation of the financial model on an annual basis to facilitate the allocation of budgets to Academic Schools and Cost Centres.
Assistant Manager -- February 2001 to Oct 2001
My responsibilities included:
- Line management of 3 auditors and 2 analysts.
- Allocation of external audit assignments to team members, ensuring work was prioritised so deadlines were achieved.
- Motivating staff and encouraging teamwork on audit assignments and liasing regularly with staff, managers and Partners to ensure audit objectives on each assignment were fulfilled.
- Chairing audit closeout meetings attended by Finance Directors and Financial Controllers to discuss issues identified during audits.
Internal Auditor -- February 2000 to February 2001
My responsibilities included:
- Management of internal audit assignments, ensuring work was prioritised so deadlines could be achieved.
- Identifying key risks in business areas under review and assessing the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate those risks.
- Preparation of final audit reports detailing
- Departmental planning, budgeting and billing.
- Making recommendations to minimise the key risks identified and discussing findings with the business areas.
For full employment history please see Appendix 2, attached.
My achievements include:
- Facilitating the implementation of the Distinction Finance System in the University which has led to more accurate reporting and cost reductions.
- Developing improved Costing and Pricing techniques leading to average cost savings of 10% across University Departments.
- A Certificate from Dublin City University in Personal Computing For Accountants in August 1998.
- Being awarded a Gaeltacht Scholarship by Gael Linn in June 1991, for my outstanding academic results.
Mr Tom Jones
The Zip or Postcode
Mrs Sally Jones
12 The High Street
The Zip or Postcode
Help With Doing A Resume - Is It For Me?
You've just read Jane's resume after my help. She wrote to me asking for help with doing a resume as she was concerned that hers wasn't good enough. She'd been invited to only 1 interview in 14 months.
In the last 3 months, she's been invited to 4.
If you would like help with doing a resume please contact me.
And If you'd like a second resume example, before and after my help, there's one here.
Help With Doing A Resume Page
Getting The Answers YOU Need
Everything you need
All in one place
help and advice
Quick and easy
"How To..." Guides
Top of Help With Doing A Resume Page
Home | Site Map | Inside Secrets! | "How To.." Guides | Site Search | Resources