Home: Job Guides: Job Fair
How To Find Work At A Job Fair
On page 2 of our Job Search Guide we introduced 11 ways to find great jobs.
Here we show you how to maximize your job search opportunities by attending job or career fairs:
Finding Work At A Job Fair
Although jobseekers don't tend to think of job or career fairs as a good way of finding work, Career Journal reported that over 70% of HR departments rely on job or career fairs to recruit employees. Its therefore a good addition to your job search portfolio.
Why Are Career Fairs So Good?
Here are some of the many benefits of visiting career fairs:
- Employers will have detailed information about current and future job opportunities and will have people on hand to answer any initial questions
- As well as providing specific company information, they can be a great source of general industry information
- Career fairs are an excellent opportunity to expand your 'network' of personal contacts. You can use these contacts in the future to expand your career
- Some companies offer initial interviews or at least the opportunity to practice your interview skills. Alternatively, theres sometimes a stall set up by the organizer for this purpose
- As well as job information, details about training opportunities are usually on hand
- It's the only method of gathering information about a range of companies all in one place (one-stop-job-shopping)!
How Do I Find Out About Career Fairs?
Job or career fairs are usually advertised:
- In schools/colleges and universities
- In local/national newspapers
- On the Internet - set up an alert for yourself
- At employment or job centers
Do You Have Tips For Finding A Job?
Are There Other Job Search Methods?
There is another job search method not often used but very good -- it's called the Direct or Speculative Approach. Read about job searching through speculative approaches here.
Getting The Answers YOU Need
Everything you need
All in one place
help and advice
Quick and easy
"How To..." Guides
Top of Job Fair Page
Home | Site Map | Inside Secrets! | "How To.." Guides | Site Search | Resources