Home: Phone Interviews: 16 Top Tips
16 Top Tips For A Successful
Like any job interview good preparation is essential. It can mean the difference between you getting the job or not!
We'll start with 16 Top Tips to help you prepare for your job interview phone screening.
Then there's advice on how to answer telephone interview questions.
Follow this and your phone job interview will be easy. Before you know it, you'll be invited to the 'real' thing -- the face-to-face job interview.
What To Do BEFORE Your Phone Interview
- Have a copy of your resume, CV or job application form with you. Your interviewer may ask you questions about it, so you need to be able to refer to it quickly and easily
- Have paper and pen ready for taking notes
- If it isn't a convenient time, ask your interviewer for an alternative date or time, or offer to call back later yourself. Don't risk the alternative of being disturbed
- If you have 'call-waiting', turn it off so you're not interrupted
- Clear the room of all noise and distractions -- kids and pets are a good start
Finally, ask a friend or member of your family to carry out a mock telephone interview and record it so you can hear how you sound. You will be able to hear your "ums" and "uhs" and "okays" and can work to reduce them.
It will also give you the chance to practice answers to common job interview questions the interviewer may ask
What About DURING The Phone Interview?
We have tips for that too.
- Click here for tips on what to do during and after telephone job interviews.
- Click here for types of telephone interview questions.
- Click here for advice on answering interview questions.
Getting The Answers YOU Need
Everything you need
All in one place
help and advice
Quick and easy
"How To..." Guides
Top of Phone Interview Page
Home | Site Map | Inside Secrets! | "How To.." Guides | Site Search | Resources