Home: Sample Interview Questions: Common Questions At Job Interviews
38 Common Questions At Job Interviews
Here are 38 of the most common questions at job interviews.
Study these and the job interview answers that follow and in no time you'll be feeling confident about your job interview and ready to face anything the interviewers throw at you.
Common Questions At Job Interviews
- Tell me about yourself
- How would you describe yourself?
- How would your boss describe you?
- What motivates you?
- What do you look for in a job?
- What is your personal mission statement or motto?
About Your Current Company/Job
- What do you enjoy most about what you do now?
- What do you enjoy least about your current
- Why do you want to leave your current job/Company?
- What do you think of your current boss?
- What will you miss about your present job?
About The Company/Job
- What can you tell me about XYZ Company?
- What do your think XYZ Company can offer you?
- If you're successful, what do you think you'll be doing day-to-day?
About Your Suitability
- What are your strengths/weaknesses?
- Why did you think you are suited to this job?
- Can you give me an example of a situation where you showed initiative?
(this is a behavioural interview question)
- How well do you work under pressure?
- What sort of people do you find it difficult to work with?
- Sell me this pen
- What key skills do you think you'll need to be successful in this job?
- Why should we give the job to you above other applicants?
About Your Achievements
- Give examples of some of your work achievements
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
For Management/Supervisory Jobs
- How would you get the best from people?
- How would you approach a typical project?
- Give me an example of how you have resolved conflict
- What did you look for when you hired people in the past?
About Working in a Team
- Do you work best by yourself or as part of a team?
- What kind of personality do you work best with and why?
- How would you go about establishing your credibiity quickly within the team?
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict on the job.
- What irritates you about other people and how do you deal with it?
- What are your salary expectations?
Answers To Questions At Job Interviews
Having read these sample interview questions and the section on behavioural interview questions, you should be feeling more prepared for your job interview and ready for any job interview questions you're asked.
But if you can think of more job interview questions we can add, please contact Catherine. We are always looking to add more questions at job interviews to this site.
Now it's time to take a look at sample interview answers to these 38 questions at job interview.
Getting The Answers YOU Need
Everything you need
All in one place
help and advice
Quick and easy
"How To..." Guides
Top of Questions At Job Interviews Page
Home | Site Map | Inside Secrets! | "How To.." Guides | Site Search | Resources