Home: Phone Interview Tips: 16 Top Tips for Telephone Job Interviews
Successful Telephone Job Interviews~ 16 Top Tips ~
On the previous page we gave you 6 Top Tips on what to do before your phone interview.
Here's what to do during and after your phone job interview.
Then there's advice on how to answer phone interview questions.
Follow this and your phone interview will be easy. Before you know it, you'll be invited to the 'real' thing -- the face-to-face job interview.
What To Do DURING Telephone Job Interviews
- Use the interviewer's title (Mr or Ms and their last name). Only use their first name if they invite you to
- Don't interrupt the interviewer. Wait for them to finish, completely
- Think before answering phone interview questions -- better to take a moment or two and give a good answer than rush and give a bad one
- Give concise interview answers - you can always add "does that answer your question?" if you're worried you've not said enough
- Try to smile - it helps lift your voice so you sound more positive
- Don't chew gum, eat, or smoke
- Have a glass of water handy, in case you get a dry mouth
- Speak slowly and clearly
AFTER The Phone Interview
- Write down what you were asked and the answers you gave so that you're prepared for the 'real' job interview when it comes
- Remember to say "thanks" to your interviewers. Follow up with a interview thank you letter which reiterates your interest and suitability for the job
Hopefully you're now feeling positive about your upcoming telephone interview and ready to answer any phone interview questions.
Getting The Answers YOU Need
Everything you need
All in one place
help and advice
Quick and easy
"How To..." Guides
Top of Telephone Job Interviews Page
Home | Site Map | Inside Secrets! | "How To.." Guides | Site Search | Resources